Episode 133: Entrepreneur Jaime Harmon O'Connor shares the ups and downs of being a business owner, including the importance of overcoming personal fears.
Jaime Harmon O'Connor, Strategy Nerd and (M)Ad Scientist at Inspired Focus Digital Founder, is a digital strategy nerd who is dedicated to helping brands understand their growth opportunities in the digital landscape. Her windy path to building Inspired Focus Digital has included selling scrunchies in 4th grade, a grocery delivery business, a social enterprise that bled itself dry, and an event operations company. She has also built marketing teams at venture-backed organizations and bootstrapped products brands that achieved 6x growth and 8 figure success. She has worked with major organizations like the NFL, NCAA, USA Cycling and growing brands like Pro Challenge, Silipint, Happy Hair Brush and Savor Beauty. She is on a mission to educate up and coming brands with the knowledge they need to level up and play in the professional arena.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Sometimes starting a company means not paying yourself for extended periods, like 2, 3, 4 years!
- Jaime's work experiences that include the differences between product-based companies and service companies
- Paid digital media strategies
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/133
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- Risk tolerance and investing in the time of coronavirus
Thanks for Listening! To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.