Bill Perkins is the CEO of BrisaMax Holdings, a consulting services firm based in the US Virgin Islands. Called “The Last Cowboy” in a recent Wall Street Journal profile, after studying electrical engineering at the University of Iowa and training on Wall Street, Perkins moved to Houston to make a fortune as an energy trader.
In this episode, Bill will share the plan for optimizing your life, stage by stage, so you’re fully engaged and enjoying what you’ve worked and saved for. You’ll discover how to maximize your lifetime memorable moments with “experience bucketing,” how to convert your earnings into priceless memories by following your “net worth curve,” and find out how to navigate whether to invest in, or delay, a meaningful adventure based on your “spend curve” and “personal interest rate.”
Where we are:
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 01:24 - Sam & Johnny FD’s episode introduction
- 08:08 - How to get 50% OFF your travel expenses
- 18:26 - “It’s about maximizing your life, fulfillment, memories that you’re going to create for yourself and retire on” - Bill Perkins
- 19:01 - Should you pass down massive cash to your kids?
- 30:07 - Ways to balance your lifestyle with the money in and out
- 32:58 - Switch to a more spending and abundance mindset
- 33:28 - “Shift the fear of running out of money to not living life” - Bill Perkins
- 34:48 - Does the 4% rule still work?
- 40:11 - Sailing the world with Dan Bilzerian
- 48:41 - Investing based rapid-fire questions
- 58:00 - Sam & Johnny FD’s episode wrap up and key takeaways
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.