Sally founded Worthy Financial to bring higher yielding alternative investments to the public. Her personal and company mission is an economic opportunity for all. She used newly updated securities regulations as part of the JOBS Act, to create a way for everyone to painlessly save while earning 5% on their money – and to do it while helping community businesses thrive. With a focus on the JOBS Act, she works to help investors and business owners navigate the new capital opportunities that arose with these new laws.
Sally is a seasoned entrepreneur having run her own businesses for the last 30 years. Her media and business ventures took her across the globe – including ten years of conducting business in Russia. More recently, she has been a contributor to and speaker for Entrepreneur Magazine, various universities, and business incubators on the topic of alternative finance and has been a repeated source on the topic of crowdfinance for national media outlets. She also authored the book “Cash from the Crowd” on how to successfully crowdfund which was published by Entrepreneur Press. Sally holds both a real estate broker license as well as a Series 65 license as a Registered Investment Adviser.
Listen to ILAB 150 on iTunes
here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Where we are:
- Masterworks Use our exclusive Masterworks code BOSS at signup to skip the 70,000 person wait list and get first dibs
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 08:53 – What makes your investment “worthy”?
- 11:49 – Can you describe some of the assets you offer?
- 13:09 – How long has worthy bonds been around?
- 16:13 – What makes it a bond and not another kind of investment?
- 18:07 – Can you explain the 36 month term, if you can cashout or redeem at any time?
- 20:08 – How often does interest pay out?
- 21:52 – Who can invest in worthy bonds?
- 27:05 – How did you settle on a return on investment percentage?
- 32:46 – What is the lowest investment to start with worth bonds?
- 33:52 – Can I reinvest the interest I’ve earned on worth bonds?
- 37:22 - Can somebody buy bonds through their IRA or retirement account?
- 39:42 - What is the “Worthy Roundup Programme”?
- 36:24 - What is the “Golden Egg” Promotion?
- 44:39 - Sam and Johnny Recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.