In Buying Real Estate Overseas For Cash Flow (And A Better Life): Get Started With As Little As $50,000, Kathleen Peddicord and Lief Simon explain how to incorporate an investment in foreign real estate into your portfolio for as little as $50,000. With a lifetime of experience on the subjects of living, retiring, and investing overseas, the authors delve deep into this complex topic. Simply put, this book is a practical guide to buying property overseas as a strategy for earning cash flow to fund your dream retirement.
Buying Real Estate Overseas includes a breadth and depth of information on the world’s best markets for investing in real estate for cash flow. Its up-to-date information about this investment category puts to bed much of the outdated advice and guidance currently available in published materials.
The authors identify several hot, new markets where currency valuations and market conditions make the purchase of real estate an extremely wise investment decision in today’s volatile investment climate.
Listen to ILAB 156 on iTunes
here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Where we are:
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 07:58 – How do you get started in buying properties overseas?
- 15:10 – Is it easy to find local banks that are willing to lend you money for properties?
- 20:54 – After you are financed, what is the next step?
- 27:41 – With short term rentals, how do you address property management?
- 30:44 – How do you choose a property?
- 39:38 – What strategies do you use for negotiating on the property?
- 46:16 – How is it best to handle closing on the property?
- 49:04 – What are the ways you can manage your asset?
- 50:42 – Where do you have real estate, and what areas are you interested in?
- 53:50 – How many properties have you owned at a single time?
- 57:59 – What are the best value markets right now?
- 61:11 – Sam and Johnny Recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.