Meet Derek Spartz, the newest member of Invest Like a Boss. Derek has been a member of ILAB since March 2020, mostly behind the scenes, but will be taking on a larger role going forward. So, we decided to have him on the show to learn more about his career background and investment portfolio. Johnny speaks with Derek to learn how he went from a corporate job in the music/radio industry with near zero savings and buried in debt to becoming self-employed, debt-free and achieving a 50% savings rate in less than 2 years. Derek has done all this while continuing to live in one of the most expensive places in the United States - Venice Beach, California. Learn why he continues to live there, what his plan is going forward, and how he was inspired by ILAB and eventually came to work on the show.
Listen to ILAB 157 on iTunes
here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Where we are:
- MasterWorks Select "Podcast" at signup and use code BOSS to skip the 70,000 person wait list and get direct access to invest.
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
- Save up to $30,000 and delay your dues until you're ready to travel when you sign up Here
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 12:32 – Derek’s Background
- 22:35 – Derek’s employment after radio
- 32:27 – “I’m at a 50% savings rate” - Derek Spartz
- 37:57 – Is there a city or country you would consider moving to?
- 39:19 – How did you start working with Invest Like A Boss?
- 40:19 – Is there a plan for an Invest Like A Boss meet up in 2021?
- 41:49 – When is the Tony Robbins interview?
- 43:56 – What is the most impactful book you read?
- 46:16 – Where do you invest your money?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.