Alexander Smalls is a modern Renaissance man. A world-renowned opera singer with both a Grammy and a Tony under his belt, Alexander is also a visionary restaurateur who has brought 5 important New York restaurants into the world— The Cecil, Minton’s, Café Beulah, Sweet Ophelia’s, and Shoebox Cafe. He’s also a James Beard Award-winning cookbook author. Most of all, he’s a warm and welcoming host. He and Julia speak about home, collecting, grief, legacy, storytelling, and, of course, food.
- For more about Alexander Smalls, head here.
- For a tour of Alexander's apartment, head here.
- For more about the Harlem Schools of the Arts, head here.
- To donate to Angel Food East, head here.
- For more about Julia, head here.
- For more about Great Jones, head here (and don't forget to enter the code 'CALM' for 15% off of any order!!)