We build a better world, together in Death Stranding.
Developer: Kojima Productions | Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment | Initial Release: November 8, 2019
Jacob and special guests Travis Colenutt, Katie Lesperance and CourtFTW arranged cargo on their bodies, built beautiful roads and forget to wear shoes.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt
Special Guest: Travis Colenutt (@TravisColenutt
), Katie Lesperance (@lesperak
) and CourtFTW (@Court_FTW
| Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
| Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
- 1:45 A short introduction to CourtFTW and her work
- 2:25 A short introduction to Travis, Katie (and Jacob’s) new podcast called Cutscenes!
- 3:35 Our fast pitch on Death Stranding
- 4:25 We start the show with a question from Maria: “Did you go in with any preconceived expectations for this game based on experience with other Kojima games?” We have P.T. on this podcast before, check it out!
- 9:40 How would you describe Death Stranding?
- 11:40 This game’s connection to Horizon Zero Dawn.
- 12:30 What’s the state of the world when we start?
- 16:00 This game is frustrating to play! A deep dive into the game’s cargo mechanics.
- 23:00 Court had a real paper route and compares her experience to Death Stranding
- 29:00 Sam Porter Bridges’ blood, poop and pee are powerful
- 32:20 We explained how other players’ content can come into your game
- 38:40 Vehicles, beautiful roads and pizza deliveries (shout-out to Mass Effect’s M35 Mako)
- [The podcast gets SUPER spoilery after this point]
- 44:35 We share our playtimes
- 51:30 We set up the world and the story of reconnecting America
- 54:05 Wrap-up!
- October 14th: Death Stranding (Part 2) ft. Jacob and special guests Katie Lesperance, Travis Colenutt & CourtFTW
- October 28th: Psychonauts ft. Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest CtrlAltNoob
- November 4th: Telltale’s The Walking Dead (S01E01) ft. Jacob, Moe and special guest Cam Hawkins
- November 18th: Pokemon Snap ft. Jacob, Moe and special guests Joseph Hooper and Arsene Lakpa
LEAVE US A VOICEMAIL: If you want a chance to get your voice on the show, give us a call at (734) 489-9753 and tell us what you think about one of this month’s games! This is a U.S. number, long-distance charges apply for international callers.
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar
! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.