Firefox is standing out, Pine64 has a lot more cheap Linux hardware coming, and the good and the bad with the new Kodi Release.
Plus HP Joins LVFS, why you shouldn't expect a Raspberry Pi 4 in 2019, and more.
- Firefox 65 released — We’re happy to announce a new set of redesigned controls for the Content Blocking
- Next version of Firefox might warn users of softwa… — The Firefox browser will soon come with a new security feature that will detect and then warn users when a third-party app is performing a Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) attack by hijacking the user's HTTPS traffic.
- Mozilla halts Firefox 65 distribution on Windows — The organization released Firefox 65.0 for all supported operating systems a few days ago on January 29, 2019.
- CFR annoying some users
- HP joins LVFS — If you’ve got a Z2, Z6, Z8, Z440, Z640 or Z840 system then you might want to check for an update in the GNOME Software updates panel or using fwupdmgr update in the terminal.
- Pine64 to Launch $79 Linux Tablet, $199 PineBook P… — Pine64, the company that gave us the $89 Pinebook Linux laptop, is branching out and is set to launch a Linux tablet this year for just $79. That's as well as a new Linux laptop, smartphone, camera, single board computers, and retro gaming kit.
- Pine64 forum announcement
- We won't see a Raspberry Pi 4 in 2019 — "I don’t have a route to do something this year," he told us. "I think we kind of understand what featureset we want [and] what would be involved in getting that featureset. I don’t think we have a defined plan for turning that into a product yet."
- Kodi 18.0 Released — One of the big features of this release: support for gaming emulators, ROMs and controls.
Who's On This Episode
We don't know anything about the creators of this episode yet. You can add them yourself so they can be credited for this and other podcasts.
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.
Mentioned In These Lists
There are no lists that include "Linux Action News 91". You can add this episode to a new or existing list.