Sam Feltham discusses his Calorie Experiments… Sam ate 5,794 calories a day for 21 days on a low carb, high fat diet of real foods. After those 21 days and with a 50,000 calorie net surplus Sam had gained just over 1kg and lost 3cm from his waist. He then ate 5,794 for 21 days on a high carb, low fat diet of fake processed foods. The result of those 21 days saw Sam gain just over 7kg and added 9.25cm to his waist.
- Weight loss is not as simple as ‘calories in, calories out’.
- The bottom line is health. If you get slimmer along the way, great, but it’s all about health, especially metabolic health.
- Commit to at least 4 - 6 weeks at 100%.
- Personal Purpose to become healthier
- Write down on a Business Card size piece of card your end purpose, for yourself, family, quality of life etc then keep that inside your wallet or purse so each time you go to make a purchase you see this underlying purpose of why you are making these lifestyle choices.
- When you are transitioning from a low fat, fake food diet to LCHF your gut bacteria has to change as well. During that adaptation you may not see weight loss. One way to help that process along is with fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir, kombucha.
Find more of Sam’s story at www.smashthefat.com
also check out his book ‘The Relatively Simple Science Of Slimming’.
This Episode bought to you by OptimOZ.com.au
PERFORM BETTER AND LIVE EVERY MOMENT OF LIFE TO ITS FULLEST
Use promo code: OPTIMOZLOWCARBISLAND for 10% off any order for first time customers.
OptimOZ.com.au: Australia’s best online store to support a ketogenic lifestyle.
- Primal Collective: Keto-friendly products:
- FATs (Ghee and the Ghee/Coconut Oil Combo)
- Organic Turmeric+ (anti-inflammatory support supplement, very popular with people suffering from joint pain) and our new product
- Omega 3 (EPA/DHA) from a sustainable plant source (Most people associate plant Omega 3s with ALA. However, Marine Algae is a source of DHA/EPA. It is far more sustainable. We batch test regularly to ensure no rancidity (common problem with fish oils), no heavy metals and that our supplement delivers on the fatty acid profile promised.
- Buy Bulletproof Coffee and supplements in Australia from OptimOZ.com.au