Today’s episode is all about launching webinars that pay you, and my 10-step system for taking your webinar from conception to automation. This is the same system that I teach my clients, and it’s the same system that I use in my own business. I talked about webinars for a whole week in my Facebook group, The Balanced Entrepreneur
, where I post exclusive tips and resources for my community every day. I also taught about the topic live on my Facebook fan page
as Facebook Lives, so like it if you don’t want to miss out in the future.
Time Stamped Show Notes
- 1:00 – Introduction
- 2:00 – I’m excited to share my 10-step webinar system. I’ve only been teaching it to my clients for a long time and it’s been very successful. I use this system to turn $60 into $100 every time I make a sale using my automated webinar. I use this system to generate 100 phone calls on my company’s sales calendar per month. My clients have used it to turn $331 into $16,000. It’s a very powerful system, and it works.
- 3:15 – Step 1: Make a high converting headline. When you decide you want to run a webinar, the very first thing you have to do is nail your positioning with a high converting headline, one that not only gets people to click but also to opt in because they really want to see this webinar. You have to nail that headline, because everything else can’t be done if you don’t know what your webinar is about.
- 5:50 – Step 2: Create landing pages. You can’t get people on the webinar if they’re not registering for it, and once you have a headline that should be enough to create your landing pages.
- 6:20 – You need at least three landing pages: 1) Landing page for cold traffic. These people need more information, because they need to be persuaded. 2) Landing page for warm traffic. This is for people who already know you, like people on your email list or social media channels. These people need less information and will recognize you from your headshot. 3) Thank you page. A lot of people don’t think of your thank you page as a landing page, but I do because you always want to make use of your thank you page. You have their attention, so use it.
- 8:15 – Step 3: Set up your event in your webinar software. Choose the date and time of your webinar, then set it up beforehand. I use Instant Teleseminar to do live webinars, because I have found it is the most fully featured and easy to access webinar. The most important features are its ease of access, the option to join from a phone or desktop environment, and the option for a call-to-action button on the webinar page. If you want to sign up for that, go to com/instant.
- 10:30 – Step 4: Create your show up sequence. This is the sequence of emails that gets sent to your registrants to remind them to show up live. Just because people register doesn’t mean they’re going to show up. Only about 30% of people who register show up live. You need to remind them to show up, and you need to persuade them that it’s valuable to show up live. Every email should be crafted with the single goal and mission of getting people to show up live.
- 12:15 – Step 5: Promote your webinar. You only need those four things set up before you’re ready to promote. While you’re promoting, you can work on everything else. The shorter your promotional period, the higher your show up rate is going to be. If you have a smaller or nonexistent list, give yourself more promotional time, but use and supplement your promotions with something like Facebook Ads.
- 14:35 – Step 6: Finish your follow-up sequence. On your webinar you are going to pitch something, and you are going to send these emails afterwards to remind people about your pitch. You want them to be done by the time your webinar goes live.
- 15:45 – Step 7: Finish your slides. When it comes to the slides, I recommend having a reusable template. This will make setting up future webinars much easier.
- 16:45 – Step 8: Do your webinar live. Give yourself 60-90 minutes to give the webinar and answer questions. When it comes to Instant Teleseminar, I usually call in for the audio (you can also do a web call and connect a microphone). I use my computer to manage my slides, and I use my email to look at people’s questions.
- 18:00 – Step 9: Review your webinar, tweak what doesn’t work, and run it again. You might not make sales the first time, and that’s okay. A common mistake people make is going into these seminars thinking it will be perfect and convert sales the first time. You can’t expect to get everything perfect the first time. Everything in marketing is testing or tweaking.
- 20:10 – Step 10: Once it’s perfect, automate it. I do this through Stealth Seminar. Typically, you just have to open a support ticket. You tell the people at Stealth Seminar the name of your webinar, when you want it to run, that you want it to appear live, and that you want it automated. You give them your video file and landing page, and then they will take care of the rest.
- If you have any follow-up questions about the content today, or if you want to catch those daily tips and Facebook live streams, remember to join The Balanced Entrepreneur Facebook Group.