Dr. Steven Masley motivates people to become healthier, starting with heart and brain health. He's a physician, nutritionist, best-selling author and he's also a chef. Dr. Steven Masley is the creator of the number one health program for public television called, 'Thirty Days To A Younger Heart'. Dr. Masley has recently written 'The Better Brain Solution", which is the first book to show how the brain can become insulin resistant through diet and lifestyle and to make clear how and why this has been directly linked to cognitive decline and memory loss.
Most Influential Person
- My step father, Chuck. He had a procedure; and had a massive stroke. I learned what dementia was. It wasn't necessary, he didn't need it. I feel badly to this day that I didn't do more for him earlier on. He said, 'don't let this happen to others'.
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness is calming on my emotions. It feels like love and stability in my life when I'm more mindful. When I'm not, I tend to be more anxious and depressed.
- I'd much rather feel loved and focused than anxious and depressed. That's a lack of mindfulness, is anxiety.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I like taking a deep breath and filling myself with spirit. I even like to, after I stretch and workout in the morning, I like to take a deep breath.
- I feel like green energy pours into my body when I'm taking a deep breath. When I blow out, I'm just blowing out tension.
- I use my breath to help me in a kind of meditative, processing way of being more calm and focused. Breath to me is like breathing in spirit.
- I got bullied as a kid. I got beaten up. I got kicked around. It was not pleasant.
- I can completely sympathize with anyone who has been bullied before. Part of it was just being susceptible. I wasn't being mindful, I wasn't being confident. It wasn't moving with purpose. Preditors picked on me.
- Do I know what it's like to be bullied? Sadly, yes. I think we've got to stop this.
- I think the food industry is bullying the American population today, making money off of them and killing them.
- I think we've got to stand up to that kind of bullying and be mindful and make right choices and not let that happen. Certainly, it's happening to our children.
- I would say the whole food industry is bullying our kids today too. When I think about it in the context of what it was like to be beaten up as a kid, and now realize what we're doing to other children today, that really gets me going.
- I think it's time for us to stand up and put a stop to bullying. It's also time to stand up and be mindful about our food choices and not let people feed our kids, junk. And us too. We have to be responsible for ourselves too, and stop eating sugary junk and food with toxins.
- We have to demand a clean world to live in so we can thrive and feel fantastic and be more productive.