We were thrilled to speak with Annie Bosler, a world class French Hornist who has played with John Williams, Josh Groban, Michael Feinstein, Itzhak Perlman and Paul McCartney. Annie has performed for famous shows such as Glee, The Ellen Show, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and The 2020 Grammy Awards ceremony.
Surely such a high-level performer is long past any concerns of stage fright or performance anxiety, right? That’s not always the case. In this conversation Annie shares invaluable insights on how top-level professional musicians think about and actively tackle performance anxiety.
We talk about:
• The relationship between performance anxiety, flow states, and getting into “the zone”.
• The specific components of Annie’s own peak performance toolkit and what you might like to try for yourself.
• The lessons she learned from interviewing some of the original Hollywood studio musicians of the golden years.
This conversation will enlighten your overall view of performance flow states - and leave you with some specific tips to help you reach your full performance potential.
Subscribe For Future Episodes! Apple Podcasts
Full Show Notes and Transcript: Episode 225
Links and Resources
• Annie Bosler Online
• The Healthy Musician: Dealing With Nerves & P…
• 1M1: Hollywood Horns of the Golden Years
• Composed Documentary
• Kenny Werner - Effortless Mastery
• Don Greene Books
• Chuck Kriese Books
• Annie Bosler, Don Greene, Kathleen Tesar - Colleg…
• Maxwell Maltz - The New Psycho-Cybernetics
• Musicality Now - The Keys to Performance Success,…
• College Prep for Musicians Instagram
Enjoying the show? Please consider rating and reviewing it! Click here to rate and review