We are delighted to bring you another inspiring edition of Pathways. In this special series of episodes you’ll hear the stories of music-learners just like you, reaching out and lending each other a hand on our musical journeys. We’re joined by Joanne Cooper, a longstanding member of Musical U, who has particular expertise in a piece of software called Band In A Box
Joanne’s musical life has never been the same since she started using Band in a Box. She went from writing zero songs to writing and covering hundreds of songs! She has learned a lot of valuable lessons along the way, so we were excited to have Joanne on the show to share her musical journey.
In this conversation Joanne shares:
• How Band In A Box made a life-changing impact on her song-writing and musical performance.
• How she used performing with backing tracks as a stepping stone to accompanying herself.
• The simple and specific song-writing process you can try if you're just starting out.
If you've never tried song writing, are nervous performing, or you've never come across the Band In A Box software, this episode will enlighten you.
Have you picked up useful ideas or techniques in your own musical journey so far that you think could inspire or help others on their path of exploring their musicality? Get in touch by dropping an email to [email protected]
! We are always looking for new guests for Pathways and would love to share your story next.
Subscribe For Future Episodes! Apple Podcasts
Full Show Notes and Transcript: Episode 230
Links and Resources
• Joanne Cooper Online
• Joanne Cooper - First Song with Band-in-a-Box for…
• Band-in-a-Box 101: A beginners guide to making an…
• How To Make A Backing Track, with Joanne Cooper
• How To Make A Backing Track with Band-in-a-Box Yo…
• Band-in-a-Box for Windows and Mac
• Joanne's Extensive Playlists of Videos on YouTube
• Musicality Now - About the I, IV, V and vi Chords
Enjoying the show? Please consider rating and reviewing it! Click here to rate and review