Dr. Steven Lin is a world leading functional dentist, TEDx speaker and author of the International #1 Amazon Best Selling Book, The Dental Diet. As a passionate preventative, whole health-advocate, Dr. Lin focuses on the understanding of dental disease through nutritional principles. His work has highlighted that crooked teeth and the orthodontia epidemic are diet based problems and the need for public health policy to prevent braces in the next generation of children.
Notable Quotes and Discussion Points:
• Progressive Hollistic Dentistry generally tries to consider why the problem in the mouth reflects the problem elsewhere then also how can you address both problems at the same time.
• The focus on dental schools needed to shift to prevention focused base rather than the conventional way.
• One of the biggest unidentified problem in the world is the orthodontic epidemic. In a school yard 75% of kids are wearing braces depending on their age groups.
• Anthropological studies of Dr Weston A. Price show that people living generations ago doesn't have any dental disease as compared to what we have today.
• According to Dr Price's analysis of people's diet all around the world (Australia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and Africa) all cultures everywhere is they eat these (3) fat soluble vitamins: Vitamin D, Vitamin A and K2 not supplements in our daily diet. These vitamins are very good in calcium absorption in the body.
• When commercialise diet is introduced to a population, you get sugar, refined wheat flour and vegetable oils that affects our tooth health.
• Vitamins K, D and K are found on fat based and whole fat dairy. Animal products should be grass fed not grained fed.
• Fluoride is a very narrow and superficial way to have a blanket approach in preventing tooth decay. It is better to eat the right food is far more effective than having the right toothpaste.
Links and Resources
Dr. Steven Lin website [https://www.drstevenlin.com/
The Dental Diet Book in Amazon [https://www.amazon.com/Steven-Lin/e/B077XR3DPG
@StevenLin - social media
Grab your copy now of Dr. Steven Lin's The Dental Diet book [https://www.drstevenlin.com/the-dental-diet/
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price