Christy Phillips Adkins started CrossFit in Summer of 2007 and started competing at the CrossFit Games in 2009. She has gone to the CrossFit Games 8 times. 7 times as an individual and 1 time on a team. She is a registered nurse and also has a degree in Exercise Physiology. Currently, she works as a school nurse in the health center for a boarding school. She also coaches classes at CrossFit Reston and this Fall she just launched her online training program called Training United for CrossFitters looking to up their game with a well-rounded program. You can find it on Beyond the Whiteboard.com
This year, her goals have shifted from competition to start a family. She is currently 7 months pregnant. She, her husband and their yellow lab Bella are all very excited to meet Baby Adkins in May!
Topics covered this episode:
– Pregnancy & CrossFit (or fitness in general)
– CrossFit’s take on nutrition and your thoughts on it all (i.e. Zone vs. Macros vs. Quality vs. Intuitive Eating)
– Being a school nurse, what nutrition/fitness problems do you see? What can we do about it?
– The age of overtraining…I see a lot of overtraining in my clients….do you see this in the community as well?
– Is strong the new skinny a good message for girls? How do we empower others to be healthy & fit but not focus on body image only?
Comments? Reviews? Criticism? Head over to iTunes
if you like what you hear to leave us a 5 star review and you will be featured on the podcast!
Don’t forget to hashtag #AdventuresofSassyandPearl and #NutritionGeniusRadio while you are listening!
Connect with us:
Laura’s Website: TheSassyDietitian.com
Marie’s Website: PearlsofNutrition.com
Connect with Christy:
Train with Christy’s Program Training United