Ameé has back on the show one of the One Broken Mom listeners' favorites, Lindsay Gibson. Lindsay is the author of Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: Ho…
and has just published the follow-up book, Recovering from Emotionally Immature Parents: Prac…
Lindsay and Ameé have spoken a couple of times about Emotionally Immature Parents – who they are and what its like growing up with them as your own parents. She has really become the expert on identifying and naming the condition of “Emotionally Immature Parents” (EIP) and putting some arms around how their parenting styles create unstable and sometimes chaotic experiences for us during our childhood and into adulthood.
In this episode, you will hear not only practical advice and tools for redefining your relationship with your parents but also for any of the emotionally immature people you run into or have to deal with in life.
In this episode you will also hear:
- What are the characteristics of emotionally immature people
- Do your emotionally immature parents have to be cut off or can you have a relationship with them
- How did growing up with EIP impact our communication styles
- What is differentiation
- How EIP's are hostile
- How EIP's may have made us learn to NOT be assertive
- How growing up with EIP's may lead you to have romantic relationships with emotionally immature people
- Learning how to set boundaries
Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: Ho…
Recovering from Emotionally Immature Parents: Prac…