In this week's episode, Ameé speaks with a return guest, Dr. Elizabeth Cohen, about how to handle the stressors and grief of divorce.
Dr. Cohen received her PhD in clinical psychology from Boston University. Dr. Cohen received her PhD in clinical psychology from Boston University. And now is the director of Dr. Elizabeth Cohen and Associates - a group practice providing comprehensive holistic Cognitive Behavioral therapeutic services in New York City.
Now, you will recall, Elizabeth and I chatted about Cutting Ties with Toxic Family
and now she is launching her first online program called Afterglow: The light at the other side of Divorce
. This program provides research based techniques to have ease, joy and abundance post divorce. In a recent article in the New York Post, they dubbed her "The Divorce Whisp…
Dr. Cohen has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, NBC News, Women’s Health, New York Post, Huff Post, Thrive Global and, Good Housekeeping.
In this episode you will hear:
- How does someone know when “Divorce” is the right answer versus couples counseling?
- If you tell your partner you want a divorce but they promise to change, should you give them another chance?
- What to do when our partner tells us they want a divorce
- How to handle the dividing up of friends and favorite places
- The good and bad about advice from other people
- What is the most important thing a man or woman can do to keep themselves from cracking under the pressures
- Post Divorce: How do you make sure you DON’T end up in another bad relationship
Elizabeth's Program: https://drelizabethcohen.com/afterglow/