Jenny Schatzle from the Jenny Schatzle Program reminds us that we are in the Holiday Season and we need to deal with it. The all or nothing mentality doesn’t work. We need to take the pressure off and be healthy while still having fun.
From her studio in Santa Barbara, Jenny is starting a global Movement that changes the way people see themselves. The program focuses on fitness and nutrition as a base, but also looks at the community you create and the behavior that stops you and holds you back. At the Jenny Schatzle Program, the weight loss is the bonus, the life change is the promise.
Jenny moved out to Santa Barbara as a student and signed up at Golds Gym to workout. After being the loudest and most dedicated attendant in the group fitness classes, the owner offered to teach Jenny how to run classes. She then realized she wasn’t walking the walk she was teaching and created the Jenny Schatzle Program that helped her to get back to feeling whole. The program teaches people how to love who they see in the mirror and find a deep internal happiness that is not wavered by the actions of others.13 Holiday Tips for Staying Healthy
1. Know your triggers-If food is your trigger, step away from the food table. Grab one plate of food and take it on the other side of the room to have your conversation.
2. Plate Order-First plate, vegetables and greens-Second plate protein-Third plate can be your starches and foods you want to try out.
3. Wait 20 Minutes before Having Seconds-Set a timer
4. A Glass of Water and Food first.-Alcohol lowers our inhibition. Ounce you are buzzed choicesare compromised. Drink some water and eat food first.
5. Go for Low Calorie Drinks-Create a Mocktail. Bubbly water and a splash of cranberrywith a lime.-If you are going to drink wine, stick to one glass.-Go for red wine over the sugary whites-Instead of a margarita, have tequila and lime juice.
6. Adult Peer Pressure is Real!-We tend to take health advice from unhealthy people to makethem happy-Don’t take advice from someone who doesn’t care if you arehealthy.
7. Be Present While Eating-How will the food I’m shoving in my mouth make me feel?-Do I feel hungover just from what I ate? Make better choicesnext time.
8. Don’t Eat Your Stress-Visiting family can be stressful. Look for positive outletslike working out versus indulging in unhealthy foods-Don’t add the guilt and shame from eating unconsciously toyour stress
9. Treat Yourself and Lower Stress-You deserve to spend some time and money on yourself to lower stress-Get a gym membership-Treat yourself to a massage
10. Start the day with a 10 Minute Workout-You will be less likely to eat crap-You will start your day feeling accomplished
11. Put Yourself First-It’s not selfish. When you are at your best, others benefit.-People aren’t going to like you more/less the more you do forthem.
12. Embrace Your Health-Being healthy is a gift, not a punishment.-Where you put your focus will become your focus.-If you focus on hating your workouts, you will hate theworkouts-If you focus on being kind to yourself and you will feelloved.
13. Focus on the I AM Conversation… I AM__________________.-Start the day with 5 positive I AM’s (Examples below)-I AM STRONG-I AM BEAUTIFUL-I AM SMART-I AM HEALTHY-I AM FIT
If you are in Santa Barbara, stop by and take a class at the Jenny Schatlze Program, on the house. Just mention the Open Sky Fitness Podcast!
Rob and Ryan’s Quick Holiday Workout Tips1. Don’t put off tomorrow what you can do today.2. Make your workout a priority.3. Find an accountability partner so your workout becomes apriority4. Plan on a workout to help you have an excuse to leave the partya little early.5. Ryan thinks Dance Revolution is a great way to get the entirefamily moving after a meal.6. Rob Challenges you to take the entire holiday party out for awalk.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Find Jenny at:
Twitter. Twitter.com/JennySchatzleWebsite: JennySchatzle.com
Leave a review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, text OSFreview to 33444
To leave a review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast click NOW!
Want to contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: RyanTX2LA@gmail.com
Thanks for Listening!Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also if you are interested in getting some free Naked Infusions Salsa, T-shirts or tote bags please leave an honest review for The Open Sky Fitness Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast), click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!