Marni Durham is the Assistant Superintendent of Butler Tech Career Technical Schools.
In this podcast, we cover a variety of topics ranging from building excellent teams to the excitement of career technical education and the role of edginess in education.
Questions Explored in this Podcast
A sample of questions and concepts:
- Should edginess be applied to education?
- How has Career Tech Education changed in the past decade? What should Career Tech look like in the coming decade?
- What level of risk-taking should educators be willing to take when it comes to growing kids?
- Building a tribe of strong coworkers is very key to the success of educators. We should be teaching this to students as well. Team supports are so critical to achieving goals and enjoying life as you achieve those goals.
- What is “The 5th Day Experience”? What does it mean to give students the liberty to decide how they’re going to learn and grow every Friday of the week?