Fleur Madden the founder of Freelancing Gems - a new female-only jobs platform for female freelancers, consultants, sole-traders, and side hustlers; who are leaders in their field, across all industries; offering them the chance to showcase their skills and experience for employers to find these ‘rare gems’ of talent.
Fleur is not new to the business, game, in fact, she has over 18 years of experience in running her own businesses including her first company The Red Republic at age 23 that she sold 14 years later to a multinational, followed by online beauty company Lulu and Lipstick that she sold in 2016, and has since sat on an international board advising other CEO’s on growth strategies and preparing for a business sale.
She’s passionate about the advancement of women at work and creating opportunities for women to grow and evolve. In this interview we walkthrough:
- Why we’re seeing a huge surge in female freelancers post 2020
- The biggest challenges female freelancers face and how to overcome them
- Fleur’s four-step process to help women set a competitive rate
- The realities of the money ebs and flows as a freelancer
- The role employers can play in choosing female freelancers and promoting equal pay
Loving the poddy and hungry for more? Awesome. Be sure to follow me on Insta for daily nuggets of wisdom, and MAKE SURE you subscribe to our newsletter, to get plenty of weekly bonus bits you won’t find here on the podcast…theownerscollective.com Need a kickstart?
Download my free guide to starting and scaling your business over at theownerscollective.com/startandscale