Looking to build a team, or make your first hire?
This week we welcome Paula Maidens to teach us all about building the right team for our business.
Paula's previous role as Director at a global recruitment firm in London saw her managing big clients with big dollars. Within this role, she experienced complex challenges and difficult transitions, with lots of those difficult conversations that no one likes to have.
Paula realised that these hiring issues were not limited to big business, so she returned to Australia and now helps entrepreneurs and small business owners become inspiring leaders, and build incredible teams.
In conversation we dive into:
- The biggest mistakes entrepreneurs make when it comes to building their team.
- Paula’s step by step process to bringing on a new hire.
- Should you hire friends in your business?
- How to conduct a great job interview plus her go to questions!
- The 6 pillars for building an awesome team.
- Paula’s top leadership tips.
As Paula mentions on the podcast, even if you think now is not the right time to hire, it's great to start planning well ahead of time.
This episode is part of our Business 101 Series
to celebrate the release of our Launching Legends
program - our essential Business Basics course covering everything from business setup and systems through to making money and marketing - so that you startup the right way.
For more details on our launching Legends program head to https://theownerscollective.com/launchinglegends
and use the code PODCASTFRIENDS to grab $20 off!