On today’s episode we welcome Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, The Paleo Mom! Dr. Ballantyne’s new book is called Paleo Principles, and it’s a comprehensive guide to all things Paleo, from general health and exercise to physiological studies and everything in between. In our conversation, we cover all the important questions pertaining to the Paleo community at present, looking at what science can tell us and how this can affect people differently in practice. Dr. Ballantyne believes strongly in presenting the data and its connotations and allowing the individual to apply this information in a way that suits their needs. We talk about coffee, inflammation, insulin, sleep, stress, and general health, and we get some behind the scenes details about how Dr. Ballantyne went about writing her book. So if you want premium-grade Paleo knowledge from one of the most respected authorities on the scene, you know what to do! Tune and hear it all! CLICK HERE
for the full transcript. Key Points From This Episode:
- Dr. Ballantyne’s personal practices with caffeine.
- Some of the paradoxical information about the health effects of coffee.
- The process of writing Paleo Principles and what informed its creation.
- Dr. Ballantyne’s approach to research and the science that lays the foundation for her book.
- Weighing the branches of the array of Paleo diets and Dr. Ballantyne’s idea of balance.
- The importance of insulin in balancing our bodies.
- A deep analysis of popular diets and the general abuse extreme diets cause.
- An argument for a slow and steady approach to maintain health and weight.
- Barriers to weight loss and the importance of lifestyle.
- Avoiding unhealthy inflammation and nurturing a well-functioning immune system.
- And much more
Tweetables: “What’s interesting about coffee though is that there’s a disparity in terms of research results.” — @thepaleomom [0:06:35.2] “There’re still sort of underlying foundational principles that we know have to apply in order for a diet to be a health-promoting diet.” — @thepaleomom [0:25:29.9] Links Mentioned in This Episode: Dr. Sarah Ballantyne — https://www.thepaleomom.com/about/
Dr. Sarah Ballantyne on Twitter — https://twitter.com/ThePaleoMom
Paleo Principles — https://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Principles-Step-Step…
The Paleo Approach — https://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Approach-Reverse-Aut…
Primal Kitchen — https://www.primalkitchen.com/
Four Sigmatic — https://us.foursigmatic.com/
Epic — https://epicbar.com/
Taza Chocolate — https://www.tazachocolate.com/
Atkins Diet — https://www.atkins.com/
WeightWatchers — https://www.weightwatchers.com
Barnes & Nobles — https://www.barnesandnoble.com/
Costco — https://www.costco.com/
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG! It's easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes
and fill out our quick Registration Form
and you'll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal! One winner will be randomly chosen each week.