“ The show must go on.”
It’s only right and fitting Izabela Russell is the first Podcast Diva stepping into the spotlight; not only is Isabella part of the podcasting scene in the UK but also part of my podcast journey.
Izabela Russell is host of Analysing Brands – Branding Cow and
co-host of the Audio Production Show
from Music Radio Creative
, a company producing jingles, intros and voiceovers where Izabela is a director alongside husband Mike Russell.Izabela is also the co-founder of UK PodcastersandManaging Director and co-founder of the New Media Europe conference, and co-host of the New Media Europe Show podcast.
As you can tell from this description, podcasting is now a huge part of Izabela’s life and business but it wasn’t always like that. In episode 2 Izabela talks about how she went from banking to podcasting and much more including:
“I was terrified! My mic technique was totally not there… I used to feel stressed…but now it’s just a conversation.”
- How Izabela was dragged into podcasting.
- How long it took to record her first session.
- Finding her inner voice and broadcasting it on a podcast.
- The unusual podcast experiment Izabela and Mike undertook.
- Split testing podcast subjects, lessons learned and the results.
- From 1 podcast to 5 and back to 1.
- Outsourcing a podcast and the post production process
- Work flow.
- Podcasting as part of a lifestyle choice.
- Why you should have a website.
- Going against the status quo.
- UK Podcasters and New Media Europe
“A podcast is about getting to know the real you….It’s quite difficult to find the real you…Do not lose patience it will eventually come out”.
“Things I know can be done by someone else – I will happily and easily outsource.”
- Do not be afraid to ask.
- Don’t let the process put you off starting – you can always outsource it.
- Don’t be a Diva-In-Waiting any longer!
#1 recommendation for Divas-in-waiting
Get a plan of action, set a date and be accountable for it. Get an accountability buddy. Break it down to smaller steps and tiny sub tasks to create an agile working environment.
“Make a plan… break it down to tiny sub steps… Take it one step at a time.”
Which of Izabela’s shows to listen to:
Another podcast Diva we should be listening to:The Jillian Michaels Show
- U.S. trainer and coach Jillian Michaels talks about health fitness and well-being.
Other Links mentioned
Where to find Izabela
Please reach out to Izabela on and let her know you’ve listened to this episode.
Subscribe to Podcast Divas on iTunes and please leave a rating and review
I’d absolutely love you to help get the word out about Podcast Divas through sharing on social media and most importantly by subscribing to the show (and you wont miss an episode) and by leaving a rating and review.
Thank you fabulous Divas.