Elsie Escobar is the host of Elsie's Yoga Class Live podcast and might be better known to podcasters as the host of The Feed, the official Libsyn podcast. She's the Social Media Community Manager at Libsyn, and is a true podcasting pioneer. As one of the first women to host a yoga podcast waaaaaayyyyy back in 2006, she's seen and experienced a lot in this world. I was pretty excited to snag this interview and her passion for podcasting comes through loud and clear. I can't think of a better spokesperson. Listen closely for the guest appearance by Elsie's daughter! Elsie's enthusiasm is contagious, enjoy!
- 5:50 - How long did Elsie teach yoga prior to podcasting?
- 6:55 - Elsie's surprise guest!
- 8:40 - Elsie gets obsessed with podcasting from the very beginning
- 9:50 - Who taught Elsie everything she knows?
- 12:00 - The podcasting scene in southern California
- 13:10 - Elsie as the first female yoga podcaster!
- 14:30 - How she hit almost 70,000 downloads monthly with ZERO promotion
- 17:40 - Why the yoga podcast is more a labor of love and why monetizing didn't feel right
- 18:50 - Why she doesn't receive the typical email letters from her fans
- 21:30 - Why her approach is so freeing and detailed show notes
- 24:30 - The benefits of the yoga podcast
- 26:20 - Which episodes are best to start with on the podcast?
- 28:00 - When did Elsie get introduced to Rob Welch for the first time?
- 30:20 - Elsie joins the Libysn team (Libysn version 2!)
- 31:40 - The slow and steady growth of podcasters joining Libsyn
- 32:40 - There's so MUCH more to podcasting then what the new shows are coming up with and why she's NOT cool with it!
- 34:05 - Why she originally listened to entrepreneurial podcasts, but has returned to her original favorites
- 38:30 - Why it's important to mix up the podcasts you listen to
- 40:45 - What's the next wave of podcasting going to look like?
- 43:45 - How long before most podcasters give up?
- 44:30 - There's a sustaining aspect to podcasting that most folks can't handle
- 46:30 - Why your guest has to be just as involved as the host!
- 48:00 - It's not just you taking it serious, it's setting the foundation for others to take it seriuosly as well
- 50:30 - Why the growth of podcasting is not going to stop anytime soon
- 55:30 - Details about The Feed - the official Libsyn podcast
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/7