Hello and welcome to the Second Season of Podcast Pontifications with me, Evo Terra.
If you missed the 190 episodes of season 1, don’t worry. There won’t be a quiz. And if you did catch them all, I have good news for you. Expect more of the same, only... better.
But for the new people: Podcast Pontifications is my four-times a week, short-form podcast where I, and stop me if you’ve heard this before, pontificate about podcasting.
What qualifies me to assume this role? Well…
- I’ve been podcasting since October 14, 2004, and producing online audio for much, much longer,
- I’m the author of both Podcasting for Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices For Dummies,
- I founded a podcast distribution network made up of over 700 shows,
- I’ve delivered keynote presentations about podcasting on three different continents,
- ...and I run a strategic podcast consultancy as my full-time (and only) gig.
But as proud as I am about my history with podcasting, I’m much more interested in podcasting's future. More to the point, I’ve a driving ambition to “advance” the cause of podcasting, to make podcasting... better.
Better for listeners. Better for creators. And better for the podcast hosting companies, app developers, directories, and curators who connect us all together.
Season Two of Podcast Pontifications will be focused on just that: ways to make podcasting... better. Better right now, and better in the future.
This is not a how-to podcast… podcast. This isn’t really even a podcast about podcasting. It’s a podcast for working podcasters. At least, working podcasters who also have a vested interest in making the next fifteen years of podcasting... better.
Because we need to make podcasting better, not just easier.
New episodes will drop starting in July of 2019 every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Thanks in advance for listening to Podcast Pontifications, with me, Evo Terra, available now at Podcast Pontifications.com. Cheers!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy