In the first half of this episode, Fred and Jeremy discuss the Core Purpose and Core Values of Tortuga Backpacks and why it's important to have them- not just for the success of a business, but in day-to-day life as well.
For second half of this episode, Fred interviews Travis Sherry from Extra Pack of Peanuts
. Travis is a travel-hack guru who loves to help people travel and work all over the world. (Our kind of guy!) Tune in for helpful tips about location independence from a man who is really living the dream.
In This Episode
- 04:13 Announcement: Tortuga Airs are shipping!
- 06:46 Tortuga's Core Purpose and Core Values
- 09:16 Core Purpose: "Why do we do what we do?"
- 13:35 Core Values: A company's day-to-day guiding principles
- 15:40 Tortuga's 4 Core Values
- 19:24 CV 1: Scratch our own itch
- 21:13 CV 2: Prioritize the customer
- 23:10 CV 3: Live (and work) on our own terms
- 27:14 CV 4: Build and improve systems
- 29:32 SOP's: Standard Operating Procedures and why they're important
- 33:24 Meet Travis from Extra Pack of Peanuts
- 35:40 Travis' new project: Location Indie, for people interested in travel and business
- 48:31 How Travis made it all happen
- 54:53 The advantages (or disadvantages) of working with a partner
- 1:01:24 The 3 types of people who will benefit from Location Indie
- 1:04:25 Find out about all of Travis' projects
- 1:07:42 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: 1. The 4-7-8 Breath - Breathing exercise to help you relax 2. Tara Brach Podcast for meditation
- Fred: F.lux - Plugin for computer monitor backlight- designed to help you fall asleep faster
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscriptions, ratings, and reviews are helpful for getting the show ranked and discovered by other travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.