Want to take quality photos of a product, but don't have gobs of cash? We've got you covered. Fred and Jeremy discuss tips for taking product photos of good quality, as well as ways to make this process more affordable. Tune in for helpful hints and hacks spanning from good gear and software to working with lighting and models.
Also check out part 2
of this podcast for similar information on product videos.
In This Episode
- 01:47 Tortuga updates
- 08:08 Equipment you'll need: Camera
- 11:44 White Background
- 13:10 Jeremy's magic lesson of film school
- 15:33 Cheap tripod/monopod
- 17:00 Lightroom or iPhoto
- 17:43 Do you need lights to shoot photos?
- 20:58 Editing software for videos
- 22:11 Taking lifestyle shots
- 25:36 Using shallow depth of field
- 28:08 The models you need and how to find them
- 34:09 Using Aperture Priority Mode
- 41:20 Back up your photos!
- 45:48 Use Auto White Balance (AWB) on your camera when shooting outside
- 49:03 Low budget options
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscriptions, ratings, and reviews are helpful for getting the show ranked and discovered by other travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.