Outlier is a performance clothing company that builds upon the idea that less is more. With garments that are created to perform, to be versatile, and to last, it is a company that is adding its own flare to the clothing industry. Listen in as Fred and Jeremy interview Abe Burmeister, co-founder and CEO of Outlier. Together, they discuss Outlier's growth, beginnings, their awesome product photography, and more.
In This Episode
- 01:27 Meet Abe Burmeister from Outlier
- 02:26 Living out of a carry-on for 4 years
- 12:55 How Outlier has grown
- 21:39 Involvement in the design process
- 22:57 Behind Outlier's amazing product photography
- 26:22 Travel style
- 27:40 Outlier as travel clothes
- 30:50 Weird use-cases (melting pants!)
- 32:06 Outlier's office technology
- 35:42 Lessons learned in work-travel
- 42:47 Advice for starting a clothing company
- 52:13 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
- Outlier - Company creating durable, versatile clothes
- Boblbee - Hard shelled backpack
- Emeliano Granado - Responsible for many of the beautiful product photos for Outlier
- Slack - Platform for team communication
- Asana - Platform where teams can manage projects and tasks without email
- Rapha - High-end cycling gear
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: The Jinx - Great HBO true-crime story about Robert Durst
- Fred: Planet Money 610 - Podcast episode telling the story of an entrepreneur who spent time in prison and was inspired to start a business
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.