In 2007, Tim Ferriss's chart-topping book, The 4-Hour Workweek, created a blueprint for living on your own terms. Listen in as Fred and Jeremy share their experiences with The 4-Hour Workweek- discussing what concepts were more challenging than expected and what factors have remained true for building a business in the 8 years that have passed since its publication.
In This Episode
- 02:44 Eating insects
- 05:26 Tortuga updates
- 06:55 Challenges with the 4-Hour Workweek
- 08:57 White Labeling
- 11:54 Barrier to entry
- 13:48 Love what you do!
- 16:54 Ferriss's business model works!
- 19:03 Lifestyle business
- 25:26 Set work goals based on your priorities
- 27:44 Passive income
- 36:16 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: Having an "accountabilibuddy" while writing - having someone to hold you accountable to your writing deadlines makes you more productive
- Fred: TripAdvisor mobile app - Offers offline access to maps in local languages to help you get around in foreign cities
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.