Street food vendors in Thailand are small, make similar dishes, and often have lots of competition. How do you know which is the best? How do you know which will give you botulism? Check out this episode as Fred and Jeremy discuss the rules of finding good street food and relate it to running a small business in the U.S.
In This Episode
- 02:05 Fred's experiences with Thai cuisine
- 05:40 How not to die
- 07:10 Look for places that are busy and have a line of locals
- 08:27 Avoid places that are busy with tourists
- 09:05 Eat when everyone else is eating
- 10:27 Choose places where you can see them preparing food
- 12:31 Accountability
- 14:31 How street food relates to running a small business in the U.S.
- 15:57 "Social proof"
- 23:33 Lessons to be learned
- 26:50 Tell people what you've learned!
- 28:05 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: While We're Young - Great comedy directed by Noah Baumbach
- Fred: Songkran - Thai new year celebration and "water festival"
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.