We've had one goal that we've tried to accomplish through many mediums: helping people take amazing trips. We hope our backpacks, blogs, and podcast episodes have been helpful for people, but now we've got something else to throw into the pot: a Kindle E-book. We've put our most helpful packing tips into one place to assist people in becoming packing pros. Tune in as Fred and Jeremy discuss the details behind the E-book, as well as some insight into the publishing process.
In This Episode
- 02:52 Tortuga updates
- 03:06 Free E-book! (Until May 8th)
- 03:52 Hopes/Fears
- 07:19 Why write a Kindle E-book?
- 10:20 How we made it happen
- 12:04 Guidelines for choosing the right posts
- 13:28 How to make an E-book
- 16:20 Things to take away
- 16:43 Using Amazon
- 18:40 Marketing process
- 19:28 How much is this book?
- 20:52 What's next?
- 23:15 Lessons learned
- 24:15 Goals for sales
- 25:58 Write an E-book review, enter to win a gift card!
- 27:33 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.