Let's face it, when it comes to preparing for travel emergencies, many people tend to have the "it'll never happen to me" mindset. Trying to come up with a back-up plan or know the right course of action to take when you've lost your debit card or passport in a foreign country can be tough to wrap your brain around. Fred and Jeremy have done some research and put together some useful information to help you plan a stress-free vacation to the blacklisted country of your choice.
In This Episode
- 04:42 Disclaimer: Do your own research
- 06:50 Lost debit card
- 13:16 Make copies of your documents
- 15:25 Lost passport
- 20:26 If you're a victim of a crime
- 21:14 Important phone numbers
- 23:47 Funds for victims of crimes abroad
- 26:04 Political instability when you travel
- 27:34 STEP
- 29:36 Evacuation
- 35:54 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.