Imagine getting to travel the world, live in people's homes, snuggle their pets, and not have to pay a single bill. Sounds too good to be true, but it's not. Housesitting is a fantastic way to travel the world on the cheap. Jeremy interviews Nat and Jodie, a couple of full-time international housesitters. Doesn't that just sounds like the life? Listen in to find out how they're living the dream and how you can, too.
In This Episode
- 03:55 Tortuga updates
- 05:12 Housesitting around the world
- 08:27 Nat and Jodie's Background basics
- 10:19 How did you become housesitters?
- 12:21 Spiritual awakenings through travel
- 16:10 Getting started with housesitting jobs
- 19:58 Referrals!
- 21:01 The downsides
- 22:20 Payment?
- 24:21 The perks
- 27:30 Home exchange?
- 29:35 Recommended first steps
- 32:12 Lessons learned
- 39:16 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: Use spreadsheets to track body weight and measurements - Be above the bathroom mirror selfies; this is a better way of keeping track of your workout progress.
- Fred: Duolingo - Always wanted to learn Dutch? Now you can! This is a free site that makes learning languages fun. Check out the mobile app, too.
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.