Starting your own business can be stressful and confusing, especially if you don't have the right tech tools to get you off the ground. Fred and Jeremy share Tortuga's tech stack - the products we use now to beef up our webpage, dazzle you with this podcast, communicate with each other, and communicate with you!
In This Episode
- 04:35 Tortuga updates
- 05:05 The Essentials
- 05:30 Gmail, Google Calendar, & Google Docs
- 07:29 Dropbox
- 10:35 Asana
- 14:20 Shopify & Shipwire
- 18:20 Wordpress
- 21:06 Mid Tier Products
- 21:22 Helpscout
- 22:57 Klaviyo
- 25:20 Google Analytics & KISSmetrics
- 27:57 Skype, Google Hangouts, & Slack
- 28:56 LastPass & Meldium
- 30:59 Less Common Tools
- 31:13 Virtual Post Mail
- 32:42 TextExpander
- 33:50 Photoshop
- 34:54 Skitch
- 35:45 Audacity & Call Recorder (audio) Premiere Pro (video)
- 38:00 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
- Gmail - Google owned email service; once you have a domain name, set up personalized email addresses for members of your team
- Dropbox - Sync and share files with your whole team
- Asana - The best way to share, create, and update tasks without email
- Shopify - The platform we use to run our online store
- Shipwire - The fulfillment center we use to ship and stock our products
- Wordpress - What we used to create our blog
- Helpscout - Help desk for handling customer emails
- Klaviyo - Tool we use to send and manage mass emails, like our newsletter
- Google Analytics & KISSmetrics - Web analytics tools; tracks activity on the webpage to help you see what about your website is most effective and what could be changed
- Skype & Google Hangouts - Calls, group calls, & video chatting online
- LastPass & Meldium - Helpful password apps; LastPass helps create unique passwords that you don't have to remember; Meldium allows multiple users to use apps without having to know the passwords
- Virtual Post Mail - View and manage your postal mail online
- TextExpander - Customize text shortcuts to save you time and keystrokes while typing
- Photoshop - Software for editing photos
- Skitch - Use photos to communicate your ideas
- Audacity & Call Recorder - Great tools for recording audio, we use these for podcasts
- Premiere Pro - Video editing software
Word to the Wise
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.