In this episode, Jeremy interviews Kirsten Alana, travel photographer and globetrotter. Prepare to be inspired as she shares how she spent 4 years traveling the world as a digital nomad, making her dreams come true... and all with a camera in her hand. Plus, she shares some professional tips on improving your photography skills - whether that be with a smartphone or DSLR, you're getting solid advice from a pro!
In This Episode
- 00:54 Meet Kirsten
- 04:00 How did you become a professional travel photographer?
- 06:06 Getting started as a photographer
- 11:47 4 years as a digital nomad
- 12:40 What is your single best tip for taking better pictures?
- 14:13 Smartphone tips
- 15:54 Kirsten's camera gear
- 17:25 Smartphone vs camera?
- 22:17 Lightroom
- 25:43 Kirsten's travel style
- 27:56 Packing tips for female travelers
- 30:47 Packing your camera gear
- 32:10 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.