A cell phone can be a very important tool to have when traveling abroad, but if you don't have the right plan you could easily end up paying thousands of dollars to your cell phone provider. Tune in as Fred and Jeremy share some different options for international texting and data that won't break the bank.
In This Episode
- 03:57 The worst thing you can do about international phone plans
- 09:09 T-Mobile pros and cons
- 16:10 Get a new SIM card
- 21:40 Consider the downsides
- 22:38 Texting for free abroad
- 34:11 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: Soulver - Ultimate app for "math-ing"; it's a mix between a cash register and a calculator; allows you to do calculations with different currencies.
- Fred: Sunrise - Free app that allows you to integrate work and personal calendars from Google Calendar, Facebook, Evernote, and many more. Great for helping you organize events as well.
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.