(#264) Dr. Robert Pastore, PhD, CNS, is the founder, Chief Science Officer and CEO of Vitalere and its sub-brand, Modus Nutrition. In this session, Dr. Pastore shared some of his vast experience and knowledge about optimizing human health. We spent the majority of our time on an in-depth and comprehensive discussion about protein, specifically looking at plant-based versus whey-based protein. His background, experience, and knowledge is amazing and you are guaranteed to take away valuable insights and actions from this session. Here's what you'll learn about this week on the show:
- What shaped his career as a researcher and clinical practice
- What he's so passionate about and why
- Some rather shocking facts about Celiac disease
- His own story of dealing with Celiac disease and the associated problems
- Plant-based proteins vs Whey-based proteins - what you need to know
- The truth about different protein supplements
- How to know what protein is BEST for you?
- An athlete's case study on protein detective work
- How to recognize your reactivity to the foods you eat
- What's important to understand about Pea protein vs Whey protein
- Which plant-based protein is potentially best?
- How protein helps athletes?
- Understand the importance of Amino Acid content
- What you should feel like after protein consumption
- How to maximize recovery with protein timing
- Key advice for reading supplement labels!!!
- Why it's important to have the NSF label approval
- Why Modus Nutrition?
- Get a complete review of the products at Modus
- What constitutes the Modus Plant-Based protein?
- The take-away action after listening to the show...
[click_to_tweet tweet="The human body is really fascinating. Know your body and know your proteins.Know your diet the way you know your fitness. - Dr. Robert Pastore" quote="The human body is really fascinating. Know your body and know your proteins. Know your diet the way you know your fitness. - Dr. Robert Pastore" theme="style5"] Get value from this podcast? Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER NOW AVAILABLE ON SPOTIFY!!! LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN GOOGLE PLAY LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN OVERCAST
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry. The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world. SHOW NOTES:
[jbox color="red" radius ="2"]Follow @RdellaTraining
on Instagram for high-value training tips, tutorials and education.[/jbox][jbox color="yellow" radius ="2"]Community page: RdellaTraining.com/ask
.[/jbox] Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like. [jbox color="blue" radius ="2"]Scott Iardella, MPT, CSCS is a strength coach, athlete, and former "physio" who's mission is to help men and women, regardless of age or background, forge their best, strongest self. Scott is the author of the book, The Edge of Strength.[/jbox]