(#140) Mike Robertson is this week’s featured podcast guest.
Mike is one of the most recognized names in the fitness industry and the creator of RobertstonTrainingSystems.com.
He’s also the co-owner of Indianapolis Fitness and Sports Performance (I-FAST).
Mike has made a name for himself as one of the premier performance coaches in the world, helping clients and athletes from all walks of life achieve their physique and sports performance goals.
I’m honored to have Mike on the show this week to discuss his approach to performance training and I know you’ll learn a lot in this episode.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s interview:
- His short story about his beginnings in the weight room
- Where he “specializes” as a coach – not what you’d expect
- Defining the holistic athlete
- The 3 highlights of his career
- How he joined forces with the “smartest man in fitness”
- His viewpoint on who is an athlete
- Challenges and struggles he’s faced as a coach
- The biggest influences in his coaching career and why
- What he’s doing in his training right now
- What he likes most about competition
- Where he rates strength on the scale of importance
- Can you ever be too strong?
- How to train heavy over a long period of time
- What he recommends for “de-loading”
- The simple way he likes to assess movement
- How he gets better as a coach
- The one thing he’d like to fix in the fitness industry
- Why everything starts in the mind
- His great advice to coaches and trainers
- The one thing he wished he knew years ago
- The specific thing you can take away from this interview
- And, much more…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
Get the 36 page TRAINING MISTAKES Guide with valuable training tips for long term success – get it now at RdellaTraining.com/mistakes
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online, helping people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
If you enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Scott Iardella, MPT, CSCS writes about training methods to optimize health and performance. If you enjoyed this article, join a strong and growing community of passionate fitness enthusiasts and subscribe below to get a ton of cool, free stuff! Subscribe at RdellaTraining.com/join
and get your FREE Report and Resource Guide.