(#273) Pavel Macek, Master StrongFirst Instructor and founder and chief instructor of KB5 Gym, is this week's podcast guest where we had a fantastic chat about training principles and unconventional methods to become resilient, strong, and your best self.
Pavel was the first StrongFirst Certified Instructor in Czechia, Central Europe. He is also an FMS/CK-FMS specialist. In 2008, he opened the first kettlebell gym in the Czech Republic, KB5 Gym Prague.
He currently teaches Chinese combatives and MMA (Practical Hung Kyun), strength training (KB5 Gym Prague), and tactical self-defense for various private and government agencies, as well as Prague’s Charles University.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week:
- Pavel discusses his background in strength and performance
- What’s most important in training
- Pavel explains why training must have transfer to life
- Why we shouldn’t focus too much on the tools
- How he discovered the StrongFirst system
- The results he got when he implemented the Naked Warrior principles
- Can martial arts athletes learn strength training principles faster?
- How he assesses and programs his athletes
- Pavel explains the NEW StrongFirst Resilient Course
- The goal of the new course - why attend?
- What’s covered in Resilient and the rationale behind it
- Practical approaches to training to become anti-fragile
- The 7 magnificent steps - the key steps to advance training
- Where and when to use the “Resilient” approach
- When it’s OK to “break the rules” in training
- Learn about the StrongFirst “Second Wind” course
- The importance of breathing - why everyone is talking about it
- Specific breathing applications to consider
- Surprising benefits of breathing techniques
- Pavel discusses his daily breathing practices
- Ideas to use breathing exercises - at any time of day
- How he finally overcame his failure of meditation
- An overview of Hardstyle dumbbell training
- Secrets of Old-Time Strongman training
- Differences in dumbbell versus kettlebell training
- What are the top 3 hardstyle dumbbell exercises?
- Pavel’s simple formula to constantly develop yourself
- Actionable closing advice…
[click_to_tweet tweet="It’s better to be healthy and strong than weak and sick. - Pavel Macek " quote="It’s better to be healthy and strong than weak and sick. - Pavel Macek " theme="style5"]
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER NOW AVAILABLE ON SPOTIFY!!! LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN GOOGLE PLAY LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN OVERCAST
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world.
[click_to_tweet tweet="The big transformation begins with small steps. - Pavel Macek " quote="The big transformation begins with small steps. - Pavel Macek " theme="style5"]
DID YOU GET YOUR MOBILITY FIX?
[jbox color="red" radius ="2"]Follow @RdellaTraining
on Instagram for high-value training tips, tutorials and education.[/jbox]
[jbox color="yellow" radius ="2"]Community page: RdellaTraining.com/ask
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.
[jbox color="blue" radius ="2"]Scott Iardella, MPT, CSCS is a strength coach, athlete, and former "physio" who's mission is to help men and women, regardless of age or background, forge their best, strongest self. Scott is the author of the book, The Edge of Strength.[/jbox]