(#258) Tim Anderson, multi-book author and co-creator of Original Strength, returns to the podcast this week. In this week's session, we discuss practical ways we can all move better, feel better, get stronger, and live a better life. The methods he teaches are simple, scalable, and valuable for all. So, this week Tim came back to the show to tell us about the latest advancements with the Original Strength system, as well as provide tactical tips and take-aways. Here's what you learn this week:
- A quick description of the mission Original Strength
- What it means to "Press Reset"
- How the OS system continues to advance
- How the new book builds on previous work
- Why the 3 pillars are foundations to great performance
- How to progress and load the reset movements
- Who the new "performance" system is designed for
- What hooked NFL strength coach Chip Morton with OS?
- Why simple neck nods are so powerful and deceptive
- Understand the role of the vestibular system in performance
- How and why to progress with vestibular training
- What you need to keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth? (Huh?)
- Nervous system vs. vestibular system?
- Who can benefit the most from the new book?
- Specific example of OS Performance in a lifting session
- Learn "one of the deepest wells" of the OS system
- A daily breathing practice that Tim recommends
- Additional resources to learn about Original Strength
- Great closing advice!
[click_to_tweet tweet="Your body is amazingly and wonderfully designed. You are not stuck. -Tim Anderson " quote="Your body is amazingly and wonderfully designed. You are not stuck. -Tim Anderson " theme="style1"] [jbox color="green" radius ="2"]Get the Training Mistakes Guide. Go to RdellaTraining.com/mistakes
to get the FREE guide now.[/jbox] Get value from this podcast? Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN GOOGLE PLAY LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN OVERCAST
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry. The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to "bridging the gaps" in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Created for the serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters around the world. SHOW NOTES:
[jbox color="red" radius ="2"]Follow @RdellaTraining
on Instagram for high-value training tips, tutorials and education.[/jbox] [jbox color="yellow" radius ="2"]Community page: RdellaTraining.com/ask
.[/jbox] Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like. [jbox color="blue" radius ="2"]Scott Iardella, MPT, CSCS is a strength coach, athlete, and former "physio" who's mission is to help men and women, regardless of age or background, forge their best, strongest self. Scott is the author of the book, The Edge of Strength.[/jbox]