(#280) Tim Anderson returns to the podcast this week in our best interview to date. (Honestly, this one is amazing, folks!) Tim is the co-founder of Original Strength and the author of several great books about how to restore human movement. His latest book is titled "The Becoming BulletProof Project" and you'll learn all about his great new book this week. This was a great conversation from the beginning and there are many practical applications in the session. Here's what you'll hear about:
- How Tim's training radically changed from the beginning
- What being "Superman" means to Tim
- What is it to Become Bulletproof?
- The advice he'd give his younger self
- What is it to be truly strong?
- The importance of "becoming"
- The importance of "choice"
- The key to fitness in one word
- How to combat the aging process
- Why does the body break down and how to prevent it
- Understand the mindset in aging
- What the Becoming Bulletproof Project is all about
- Understand the "nudge" that leads to action
- Examples of simple, but brutal workouts contained in the book
- How to develop a strong mind and body with this system
- Work capacity vs strength (defining work capacity)
- What it felt like doing a one-mile leopard crawl?
- How Tim overcomes doing OS movements in public settings?
- How often Tim "resets?" And why?
- Tim talks about his morning routines!
- Learn about the Original Strength Institute
- The best thing about Original Strength is...
- What's the hardest thing (the challenge) about OS?
- Neck nods and the overhead press - why it works?
- A specific practice to use neck nods to improve pressing
- Why Tim wrote the new book and the book he's most proud of
- The "story" of the 135-pound Turkish get-up
- What's your next step with Original Strength?
- Learn about the different OS certifications
- What's next for Tim?
- A training practice you can use today after hearing this interview
[click_to_tweet tweet="Exercise is not what you think it is. What you think is strength is really not strength. Strength is being able to live the life the way you want. - Tim Anderson" quote="Exercise is not what you think it is. What you think is strength is really not strength. Strength is being able to live the life the way you want. - Tim Anderson" theme="style4"] Our proud podcast partner is Momentous. Momentous is my #1 recommended protein that is available on the market today. It's super high-quality, it tastes great, and it's so well-tolerated, among other reasons. Don't settle for sub-standard protein supplements. Momentous is simply outstanding. Available in whey or plant-based. Check out LiveMomentous.com/Rdella
and use the code "RDELLA30" to save 30% I've been using the "Essential Grass-Fed Whey" blend, pictured below.
[jbox color="grey" radius ="2"] The Momentous Minute with Tim Caron Scott Iardella: Today's Momentous Minute is with Tim Caron, the owner of Allegiate Gym and performance engineer at Momentous, the sports nutrition company on a mission to clean up the supplement industry. The question today is about the NSF certification. What is important to know about the NSF certification on product labels and can you please explain what it is? Tim Caron: The NSF is a third-party group that evaluates products and how we're looking at supplements. A lot of it's unregulated so we need to have some sort of intervention in regards to saying what the ingredients are, saying that they actually have them, someone following through with them, and why that's important for you as a customer. Potentially you're an athlete, potentially you're someone who's under the guidelines of testing and seeing if you're actually under other substances that are not conducive to a competitive and equal playing field. NSF comes in and meets us in the middle in providing a service that makes companies hold themselves to a higher standard and the process to go through that is fairly rigorous. Having that piece of mind, knowing that a company went that extra step to actually really follow through and have integrity to make sure that they're providing really high quality products that actually say what they mean, that makes a big difference. As an athlete, as someone who's competitive, or just wants a higher quality, NSF is something you should really look for in your supplements. [/jbox] Get value from the podcast? Then, please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW ON APPLE PODCASTS SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW ON STITCHER NOW AVAILABLE ON SPOTIFY!!! LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON GOOGLE PLAY LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON OVERCAST
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry. The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world. SHOW NOTES AND LINKS:
DID YOU GET YOUR MOBILITY FIX? [jbox color="red" radius ="2"]Follow @RdellaTraining
on Instagram for high-value training tips, tutorials and education.[/jbox] [jbox color="yellow" radius ="2"]Community page: RdellaTraining.com/ask
.[/jbox] Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like. [jbox color="blue" radius ="2"]Scott Iardella, MPT, CSCS, CISSN, SFG-TL, USAW, CACWC Scott's background as a strength coach, athlete, and former clinician are the basis for his one-of-a-kind approach to teaching strength, human movement, and peak performance. Scott is dedicated to helping serious fitness enthusiasts, athletes, and lifters all over the world, regardless of age, background, or training experience, become the best version of themselves through improved strength and skill development for a lifetime of health, happiness, and high-performance. Scott is the passionate host of The Rdella Training Podcast
, a leading weekly fitness podcast in Apple Podcasts where he interviews the most brilliant minds in the industry. Finally, he is the author of The Edge of Strength, available in Amazon and currently working on his follow-up book. To learn more about Scott, please visit our About Page
. Get stronger, perform better, and evolve into the athlete you were meant to be.[/jbox]