Things I love about this show:
• How they use the VOIP delay to represent the lag between the conversations. While post shows try (or should try) to remove this in post, it fits here.
• The format of two voices (mostly) carrying the story in their dialogue. (No narrator, FTW.)
• Short episodes (like ~10 min).
• I’m a sucker for sci-fi where shit starts and stays bad.
Things I don’t mind:
• The actors are good. Not great, but certain good enough to keep me engaged.
• Recaps of the story so far are helpful in podcast fiction. But with relatively short episodes, they take up a lot of each. Not sure they are necessary.
• I love when stories include SFX. But when you binge (43 episodes I’m catching up on), you can hear the “repeats”. It hasn’t taken me out of the story yet.
Things that I wish they would fix:
• Set the feed to “serial” so I don’t have to pull out my phone and manually play the next episode. Makes it hard to binge while driving, for instance.