Kulsoom Klavon is the Vice President of Curation at The Food Hall Company
(owned and operated by Front Burner Group
) and today we're here to tap into her unique perspective on F&B in the food hall world.
Kulsoom is responsible for selecting all the food and beverage concepts that go into Food Hall Company
's locations (currently Legacy Hall in Plano, TX, and a food hall in Nashville opening this fall (with additional Letters of intent in other markets) and is an incredibly dynamic food-insider. Her unique background has provided her with a successful strategy in the face of the ever-changing nationwide food hall trend.
Show notes… Calls to ACTION!!!
Favorite success quote or mantra:
- "If you follow your passions and make a career out of it, you'll be happier than and better than anyone else at what you do."
In today's episode with Kulsoom Klavon we will discuss:
- FOOD HALLS!
- Balanced perspective to food service (customer and operations)
- Curating in-flight menus for American Airlines
- Why is there a food hall immersion?
- Food halls are meant to be an anchor destination to drive traffic to a place
- Will food hall's canabalize restaurants?
- The benefits to opening in a food hall
- A good place to test a concept before moving to a restaurant
- You're only responsible for food and labor
- You pay a licensing agreement based on percentage of sales
- Major flexibility in licensing agreements
- How The Food Hall Co. operates (more focused than others)
- How to get into a food hall
- Future fold halls need to be an experience; it's not just about the food
Today's sponsor: BentoBox
empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including Union Square Hospitality Group, Eleven Madison Park, Gramercy Tavern, Lilia and more.
is a cloud-based, all-in-one, restaurant-specific accounting and back-office platform that seamlessly integrates with POS systems, payroll providers, food and beverage vendors. It generates accurate real-time reporting and analysis in user-friendly dashboards, facilitating immediate, data-driven decision making. Restaurant365 eliminates manual, error-prone processes and is designed to help restaurant businesses grow with functionality that helps optimize labor costs, reduce food costs and increase revenue.
P&G Ad Copy HERE
Contact info: The Food Hall Co. website
Thanks for listening! Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant U…
! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes
to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Kulsoom Klavon for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!
Restaurant Unstoppable is a free podcast. One of the ways I'm able to make it free is by earning a commission when sharing certain products with you. I've made it a core value to only share tools, resources, and services my guest mentors have recommend, first. If you're finding value in my podcast, please use my links!