Patrick has been noticing trends as he's been traveling in the US and Europe and meeting with sales teams. He says it's promising - especially in big complex B2B organizations. They are over-indexing and planning for better, faster, and more in 2020. His guest for this discussion is OC Talk Radio producer, Paul Roberts. He steps out of his announcer role to dive into this topic with Patrick.
Here are the questions Patrick and Paul tackled. You'll have to listen to the episode for the in-depth answers.
1. How do I know I'm getting any value from what I'm already doing? More deals or better deals.
2. How do I improve investments in my account based market strategy? How do we expand our share? The reality of the subscription economy is that the renewal is as important, if not more important than the new sale. If you're not paying close attention, you are missing the upsell and could be jeopardizing an account through leakage from the bottom of the bucket.
3. Everybody wants to remove friction and eliminate busywork. How do I make a more sucky experience for my sales reps to get in front of our customers? Not really, it's all about getting the process and the playbooks and get the content into SalesForce. Embed the details for them so the reps don't spend their time looking for the right pieces to include. Do it for them. Let them develop the leads, nurture the relationships and close the deal.
4. How do I find bigger deals? How do I expand my revenue team? Bring executive leadership, CSM, Marketing into this plan. How do I develop my team and grow the next level of sales leaders? This leads to personal development questions: How can I be more of an active listener and not an active talker? What is the business priority for the organization next year and how can I help? This is about active listening. This is a game-changer.
5. Beware the tyranny of short-term thinking. What's our emphasis going to be this year - not the flavor of the month? Talking about in 3-5 year timeframes. Reps and teams need to understand this is not optional.
Revenue Optimization Radio is hosted by Patrick Morrissey
which is a program on the Funnel Radio Channel
. Altify is the sponsor of Revenue Optimization Radio.