Whether you’re the crafty mom who can beautify anything, the mom who is always coming up with fun new adventures, or the mom who feels caught in the doldrums of daily life God’s word teaches that we’re all creative. We’re all image bearers of the Creator. In this episode, Emily and Laura interview Quina Aragon—a wife, mom, and artist—on creativity and the gospel. As God’s ambassadors, we’re called to cultivate the earth in order to proclaim his name. Whether we make a delicious meal, comb a child’s hair, or help paint watercolor masterpieces, our creativity fills our homes and communities with the knowledge of the glory of God. RM APPLY QUESTIONS VIEW TRANSCRIPT
Articles, Resources and Related Content: Quina Aragon’s Website Love Made
- Quina’s New Book Cultivating a Healthy Marriage as New Parents
- Quina Aragon for RM “Listen & Live” Spoken Word for TGC
- by Quina Aragon, shot by Light Foster, & produced by The Gospel Coalition “Are You Suffocating Your Creativity?”
- Erik Raymond “Creativity as Worship”
- Kelly Wolfe “Made in His Likeness”
- Jeanie Layne “The Foolishness of Creativity”
- Tresta Payne
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry! HELP RISEN MOTHERHOOD CREATE MORE CONTENT LIKE THI…
Every person bears the image of God, and as believers, we also bear the image of Christ. No matter how we fail—including in creative endeavors—our righteousness before God doesn’t change. We’re secure in God’s love through Christ forever. Let’s consider how this reality frees us to be more creative as we live out the mission to spread God’s authority to all the earth, making known his glory.
- God created mankind in his image to serve as ambassadors, acting on his behalf, to fill the earth with the knowledge of his glory. What does it mean for you to be an ambassador of God in this mission? How does your family pursue this mission?
- God told Adam and Eve to cultivate the earth for his glory. Jesus taught us to pray for God’s kingdom—which is full of his glory—to come to earth. Jesus gave us the Great Commission to go and make more disciples to fill the earth spreading the news of God’s glory. This mission is throughout scripture! How do creativity and cultivation propel this mission?
- We’ll never be perfect ambassadors in this mission, which is why we need Christ. Jesus was the only perfect ambassador, and through his perfect record, we have his righteousness as our own. How does knowing God’s love for us in Christ free us to try new, creative things?
- Being creative isn’t confined to a particular artistic style, but rather we see creativity as we take what God has made and cultivate it into something beautiful—from a bouquet of flowers delivered to a friend to an organized filing system implemented for your church. What are some ways you are gifted creatively? How can you use your creativity to serve your family, church, and/or community to spread God’s glory?
- Part of motherhood is nurturing our children, including nurturing their creativity. What are some ways your children image God’s creativity? How can you help them use their creativity to serve others? What are some ways your family can serve together?