It’s our first episode of 2019, and we’re talking about the little voice in your head. The one that pipes up when you feel guilt over letting your kids eat too many cookies or sets off an alarm bell when you watch something questionable. All of us have one, but it’s not the Holy Spirit. What is it exactly? In this episode, Emily and Laura start the conversation on personal conscience. God gave each of us a conscience to help discern what’s right and wrong in the everyday “gray” areas of life. While it can be dulled by sin, God recalibrates our consciences through the study of his word and fellowship with believers, so we can do all things in faith with love. RM APPLY QUESTIONS VIEW TRANSCRIPT
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
RELATED ARTICLES, RESOURCES, AND CONTENT:
- Ep. 13, Breastfeeding & Bottle Feeding: How the Go… - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 56, Feeding Our Families & the Gospel - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 63, Jen Wilkin: Growing in God’s Word as a Mom… - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 83, Finding Freedom in Christ as a Working Mo… - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 85, Same Grace, Unique Circumstances: Every Mo… - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 92, Learning, Growing, & Changing Our Minds: H… - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 93, How Should We Educate Our Children? The C… - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 103, When Snack Time is Scary - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 117, “Mommy, Can I Watch a Show?”: Screen Time… - Risen Motherhood
- “What Does It Mean for a Mom to Have Freedom in C… - Risen Motherhood
- “Bridges of Grace: Dealing with the Different Mama… - Risen Motherhood
- “Loving the Mom Who is Different From Me” Amanda C… - Risen Motherhood
- “Unity Rather Than Uniformity” Christine Hoover - Risen Motherhood
- “Gods’ Grace Beyond Our ‘Mom Tribes’” Abby Hummel - Risen Motherhood
- “What is Conscience?” - Joe Carter, TGC
- “Always Let Your Bible Be Your Guide” Dawn Wilson, Revive Our Hearts
- “Don’t Always Follow Your Conscience” Andy Naselli, Desiring God
- The Art of Turning, Kevin DeYoung
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!