Strollers, music lessons, school clothes, and summer trips—motherhood can be expensive. But the way we spend money can often reveal what we value and desire. In this episode, Emily and Laura scratch the surface of spending in motherhood, digging down to the roots: what’s in our hearts. By God’s grace, the gospel reshapes our hearts to love what God loves, enabling us to use the resources he’s entrusted to us for his glory. No matter our financial situation, Christ is our greatest treasure and our hearts will only be satisfied by him. RM APPLY QUESTIONS VIEW TRANSCRIPT
Articles, Resources and Related Content: “King Lemuel’s Mother: Raising Sons of Privilege”
- Chelsea Stanley “How You Honor Your Maker with Your Wallet”
- Ivan Mesa “In the Image of Christ or Instagram”
- Whitney Aguirre “The Gospel and Your Money”
- Jason K. Allen “Four Questions to Keep Close to Your Wallet”
- Marshall Segal “Emerald Green with Envy”
- Abigail Dodds “Your Choice: Gumball-Machine Happiness or Lastin…
- Melissa Kruger Stewardship: Grace Made Visible
- The Village Church (video)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry! HELP RISEN MOTHERHOOD MAKE MORE CONTENT LIKE THIS!