Regular date nights are a joy. We love getting out of the house and away from the kids! But does a flourishing God-honoring marriage require this regular habit? If you and your husband are in an overwhelming season and you’re not “succeeding” at date night, this one’s for you. In this episode, Emily and Laura dig into a different perspective on the “modern date night.” Instead of putting our hope in a single night out with our husbands, God teaches us to cherish and serve one another daily. Date nights aren’t a guarantee, but God’s covenant-keeping grace is, and he can sustain our marriage, even when we don’t get a date night. RM APPLY QUESTIONS VIEW TRANSCRIPT
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
RELATED ARTICLES, RESOURCES, AND CONTENT:
- “Don’t Put Your Hope in Date Night” Emily Jensen & Laura Wifler, TGC - Featured article written in conjunction with this week’s show
- Ep. 05, Marriage & Motherhood - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 35, Putting Your Marriage First: Give Him Mor… - Risen Motherhood
- Ep. 62, When Your Husband Works Long Hours - Risen Motherhood
- “Our Greatest Ally: God’s Grace for Marital Intim… - Laura Hardin, Risen Motherhood
- “Cultivating a Healthy Marriage as New Parents” - Quina Aragon, Risen Motherhood
- “Tell Your Husband You Love Him” - Laura Wifler, Risen Motherhood
- “Practical Ways to Love Your Husband Who Works Lo… - Risen Motherhood
- “When Littles Make You Want to Check Out in Marri… - Risen Motherhood
- The Meaning of Marriage, Tim Keller
- “On Disappointment in Marriage” Trillia Newbell [Video], For The Church
- “Susannah Spurgeon Lived for Christ Without Leavin… Christine Hoover
- “10 Ways to Grow Your Marriage While Having Young… Gavin Ortlund, TGC
- “Lay Down Your Life for a Lasting Marriage” Jen Oshman
- “The Purpose and Privileges of Marriage” Garrett Kell, For The Church
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!