Today on the podcast we’re bringing you another Foundational Knowledge episode. These episodes are designed to give founders and entrepreneurs practical knowledge and actionable steps to scale both their business and impact. In this episode JT is joined by his Exponential Ventures co-founder, James Wallace (JW). JW is a serial entrepreneur who has created over a dozen successful startups, a 3rd generation marketer, and an exponential technology specialist who started his first tech company in the early 90’s.
JT and JW deep dive into exponential companies –– what are they, what makes them different, and why they dramatically outperform traditional companies. They look at the crucial role of data in startups and practical steps for how a founder can make use of the data they already have (and probably haven’t been using). They also explore the evolution of the internet from Web 1.0 to 3.0 and how the new ‘gig economy’ is providing far more security than traditional jobs.
Interesting Points Covered:
- Exponential Companies Explained: The principles Google and Apple are built on
- Why thinking exponentially is so hard for most of us
- The importance of data in a startup and how you can utilize the data you have
- The past, present, and future of the internet: Web 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0
- Why if you’re not paying for the product, you ARE the product
Interested In Growing Your Business Exponentially? Join the Exponential Ventures email list here: http://exv.ai/pocast
JT + JW’s Links: