is the author of “The VegNews Guide to Being a Fabulous Vegan
” and the memoir “Always Too Much and Never Enough
“. She’s the co-founder & co-host of the award-winning Our Hen House
podcast & nonprofit (now in its eleventh year), the Director of Editorial for Kinder Beauty, & the editor of the Encompass Essays: “Pursuing Racial Equity in Anima…
. Jasmin was named a “40 Under 40” by The Advocate Magazine, a top “Eco-Preneur” by Go Magazine & can be seen in documentaries including “Vegucated” & “The Ghosts In Our Machine”.
Full show notes are here: https://sentientism.info/a-fabulous-vegan-future-j…
The video version of our conversation is here on YouTube
In these Sentientist Conversations (subscribe!)
, we talk about the two most important questions: “what’s real?” & “what matters?”. Sentientism
is “evidence, commitment & compassion for all sentient beings.”
- Jasmin’s activist journey & roles (& books)
- Gaslighting re: animal agriculture
- 1980’s milk & meat marketing
- Atheism, naturalism, comparative religion
- Compassion in religion, but also serious ethical problems
- Growing up as a reform Jew, celebrating Christmas & Hannukah
- The mental gymnastics more “moderate” religions (like reform Judaism) have to do to move away from the harmful ethics at the core of many religions
- Humanism’s focus on the human species
- Do kids start out naturalistic and then get taught fabrications?
- And much more...
You can find Jasmin at @jasmin_singer
. Subscribe to Our Hen House
as well as to the Sentientism podcast
Sentientism is “Evidence, reason & compassion for all sentient beings.” More at sentientism.info
. Join our “wall
” using this simple form
Everyone interested, Sentientist or not, is welcome to join our groups. Our main one is here on FaceBook
Thanks to @cgbessellieu
for his post-prod work.